Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Because I Can

Yesterday I had a really great meeting and discussed our passions, and it got me thinking:

When someone asks me at work, out among social gatherings, etc, why I do the things I do, all this time my answer should've been: Because I Can.

If we're given this life to make something of it, then why not make as much Creative Noise/Attention to put a dent in this world? So many people are being static, hate their jobs, don't have good health at all, (insert excuse/crappy reason here), and they do nothing about it.

If it's medical, psychological, that's a different story - I'm talking to those that make a decision to do nothing about their goals.

Here's a tip from me to you: Start writing down daily things you are going to make time for. Make 6 roles that you are (ie: Husband, Coach, Musician/Performer, Lifetime Team Member, Brother, Son are mine in order from highest to lowest on my priority list).

If you get asked to do something/opportunity comes your way, compare it to your priorities/roles that you have. If they conflict, your answer is easy: No.

Work on your goals, but work them in a smart way.

All in all, be one of those people that will put a Creative Dent in this world.

Why? Because You Can.

No comments:

Post a Comment